Welcome to Uplands
A top-quality education is one of the few lasting gifts we can offer our children. In preparing a child for life after school, Uplands provides an exceptional and complete education. Academic excellence lies at the core of the Uplands ethos. Uplands provides a challenging, relevant and balanced education for your child in a caring and supportive environment.
Prospective parents and pupils are welcome to visit Uplands to view our picturesque, well-resourced campus. You may take a tour of the campus, grounds and boarding houses with the Uplands marketing manager, Bev du Preez, when it is convenient for you to do so.
Entry to Uplands is determined by the availability of space, assessment and an interview with the headmaster.
Space in classes throughout the grades and in our boarding homes is limited. It is therefore advisable to apply and complete an application for your child as soon as possible.Book a tour
Policy and Applications
Welcome to the Uplands admissions process. All the information required for registration is available on this website.
You may apply to Uplands at any time following the birth of your child. We accept children aged two into Grade 0000, the year they turn three.
Space in classes throughout the grades and in our boarding homes is limited. It is therefore advisable to complete an application for your child as soon as possible.
Requirements for registration
- A copy of the pupil’s birth certificate, passport and identity document, if available
- Copy of both parents’/guardians’ ID documents and passports
- A copy of two most recent school reports. This is not applicable to Grade 0000 to Grade 0 applicants
- A completed registration form
- Proof of payment of a R400 non-refundable registration fee
Admission age for each grade
Must be 2 years old turning 3
Must be 3 years old turning 4
Must be 4 years old turning 5
Must be 5 years old turning 6
Must be 6 years old turning 7
- To book a tour of our campus prior to completing an application, please contact our marketing manager, Bev du Preez, at email@example.com (Families are welcome to join these tours)
- If you would like to register your child for potential admission to Uplands, please complete the registration form below and attach all relevant documentation and proof-of-registration fee payment
- Alternatively, the application form may be downloaded and submitted electronically, together with all the relevant documentation and proof-of-registration fee payment, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or it may be hand-delivered to Uplands
- Submission of an application does not automatically guarantee acceptance to Uplands
- If the grade for the year of registration is full, the applicant will be added to the waiting list and the parents will be notified
- During the year prior to admission, applicants and their parents will be invited to our Open Morning
- Limited scholarships are available exclusively for Grade 7 pupils entering Grade 8
- Applicants will also be invited to write our scholarship examination, which is usually held in March each year
- Applicants from Grade 1 to 11 are required to write an entrance assessment and will be invited to an interview with the headmaster
- Upon acceptance, a deposit is required to secure a place
- For any further information or assistance, call marketing or admissions on +27 (0)13 751 3141 or +27 (0)13 751 3806, or alternatively email email@example.com
Admission of non-South African citizens
The policy applies equally to the admission of non-South African citizens who are in possession of a permanent or temporary residence permit or valid study permit.
In South Africa it is compulsory for pupils to take a first additional language as stipulated by the South African Schools Act No 84 of 1996. Uplands offers its pupils a choice between Afrikaans and isiZulu.
However, pupils who qualify for concession in terms of the South African Immigration Act may take French or Spanish (Spanish is offered at an additional cost).
- If the scholar is classified as an immigrant in terms of the South African Schools Act, and enters Uplands prior to Grade 7, Uplands offers a choice between Afrikaans and isiZulu as first additional languages
- If the scholar is classified as an immigrant in terms of the South African Schools Act, from Grade 10 they may choose French, Spanish or Geography
A student who enters the country on a study permit must present the study permit to the school.
To apply for a scholarship for 2020, please download the document below: